Although most people tend to spend more time outdoors during the summertime, fall is the perfect season for landscape design due to the cooler weather. Also, thanks to the popular trend of outdoor entertaining, homeowners are looking to extend the summer outdoor entertaining season and adapt their landscapes for enjoyment throughout the year.
Following are some ideas for your fall landscape design projects:
· Outdoor fire features. Nothing makes a cool crisp fall evening more enjoyable than sitting by a roaring outdoor fire. By adding a beautiful gas or wood burning fireplace or fire pit to your outdoor living area, you can extend the use of your backyard into fall and winter. Stone fireplaces and fire pits will add warmth and classic beauty to your outdoor living space and create the perfect setting for total relaxation and a soothing environment for your backyard oasis.
· Landscape lighting. Proper landscape lighting is especially important during the shorter fall and winter days, ensuring that outdoor play areas are well-lit and walkways are easily accessible through the evening and nighttime hours. In addition to safety and security, landscape lighting will enhance your landscaping with strategically placed lights.
· Plant Fall Flowers. Once your lawn is looking its best, spice it up with a splash of color. As your summer plants start to fade, replace them with vibrant mums or other colorful flowers.
· Plant trees and shrubs. Early fall until the ground freezes is an ideal time to plant trees and shrubs. Not only does the cooler weather and fall rain put less stress on young landscaping plants, but nurseries often have sales to empty their shelves before winter.
· Seed and fertilize. Fall is the ideal time to give your lawn the TLC it needs after the heat of summer and before the harsh winter months. Generally, cool-season grasses should be fertilized September through November and warm-season grasses should be fertilized a bit earlier.
Call Scott Design and Construction today!
Founded in 1989, Scott Design & Construction is today one of DFW’s premier full-service landscape and construction firms. At Scott, we strive for excellence and take pleasure in transforming each and every one of our landscape installation properties into a personal paradise for our customers to enjoy with their families and guests!
Call Scott today at 972-562-9467 for a free estimate for your fall landscape design needs! Contact us today!